Re: [Amps] RFI Question

To: "K6QD" <K6QD@cox.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] RFI Question
From: "Dan Hearn" <dhearn@wwnw.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 17:42:46 -0800
I did a search on the ARRL members section at HQ using touch lamp rfi and
found quite a bit of info on the subject. Several people cured the problem
by putting a resistor of 1k to 2k in series with the touch plate input. In
one case an rfc was in series with the resistor. The info said the lamp
contains a free runing oscillator which puts out a raspy signal. 73 and GL,
Dan, N5AR