Re: [Amps] Name of Designer of TenTec Titan 425?

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Name of Designer of TenTec Titan 425?
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2006 13:08:53 -0600
>I would like to know his name, call and e-mail
>address in order to obtain some component replacement info.

I have gotten reasonably good support on Titan 425 from the guy in
Ten-Tec's service department who specializes in working on them. His
name is John, and he's not a ham -- his background is in
broadcasting. BTW -- there are several guys in service named John,
but ask the telephone operator for John in service, tell whoever
answers you need help working on a 425 (or whatever amp/radio you
have), and they'll point you to the right guy.

The service manager at TenTec is NOT helpful, not even a little bit,
and will tell you to send whatever product you ask about in for
service. Do this only if you won the lottery -- the repair bill can
easily be greater than the value of whatever needs fixing.

Jim K9YC