Re: [Amps] 60 filament noise

To: StephenTetorka@cs.com, r@somis.org ("R. Measures")
Subject: Re: [Amps] 60 filament noise
From: Bill Fuqua <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 16:41:45 -0500
In non-linear amplifiers the 60 Hz modulation by the filament  is basically
cathode modulation. If the voltage applied to a directly heated cathode is
not balanced on either side of the filament the  effective cathode voltage
(averaged over the entire cathode surface) relative to the grid is allowed
to vary at a 60 Hz rate.  This is not a serious problem in class AB
amplifiers but is in class C.

73
Bill wa4lav