Re: [Amps] Transformer construction information

To: craxd1@verizon.net
Subject: Re: [Amps] Transformer construction information
From: KD7QAE <KD7QAE@ARRL.NET>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 03:23:13 +0000
We all have our favorite books on XFMRs if we have a strong interest.
Mine are:
Ordean Kilty  Transformer Design Handbook with Nomograms (best treatment
of Ferro Resonant XFMRS ever)
McLyman Transformer and Inductor Design Handbook (Good development of
allowable losses and such)
Westinghouse Si Steel Lamination and Tape Wound Transformer Core
Handbook (Si steel has not changed much over the years, this is the bible)
Numerous core catalogs from Ferroxcube and Micrometals for SMPS to Mag
Inc and Allied Metglas for Mag Amps...
A good wire table is indispensable as well.

Tomm KD7QAE
old XFMR designer