[Amps] Alpha 87A

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Alpha 87A
From: "Rick Boulis" <n4hu@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 13:23:55 -0500
I have a 87A that I bought new  in 2000. It has low hours and until yesterday
hadn't been turned on in 2 1/2 years. Now it showing fault #17 when keyed into
antenna or dummy load. Any output around 100W or more causes the fault.

Its seems to me that shortly after I recieved the amp that I had the same
problem. I removed the transformer to lighten the weight and returned the unit.
 The factory repaired the problem with no exlplaination and no charge.

Can someone make a suggestion?  Is there a repair facility?

Thanks

Rick
N4HU

Rick Boulis