Re: [Amps] : Dentron Clippertron L

To: "noddie" <noddie@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] : Dentron Clippertron L
From: alan.kaul@att.net (alan.kaul@att.net)
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 22:35:10 +0000
> Can anyone tell me the wire size and turns for the RF Plate coil for the
> clippertron L please?

Mike:

If you are speaking of the RF Choke in the plate lead ....
mine is about 0.8-inches in diameter and 3-4 inches long,
with closely wound #24 or #26 enamel wire.

Several people have suggested to me that the RFC is too small
for the AMP.  A good substitute might be the B and W 802 coil
which is 6-inches long (there's room for it) and costs about $75.

A few others have suggested winding my own . . . which I might end up
doing using a hollow piece of plastic or fiberglass tubing for the
form (into which I will hot glue a ferrite rod for increased inductance).

A good description of improvements for the Clipperton L (especially for 160m)
is at the following website:

http://www.isp.ca/ve3nh/clip.htm

73 de alan

--