Re: [Amps] Tokyo HP

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Tokyo HP
From: john <johnmb@nc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 06:54:44 -0500
 >What's not immediately clear within the rules is the extent to which the
 >purchaser is culpable when s/he purchases the non-certified amplifier for
 >amateur use.  In the past, the FCC has pretty much placed the onus for
 >compliance with the manufacturers and not on the end users in this
 >"dealer-to-junkie" relationship.

It's laughable to consider the FCC doing anything in this regard. With
thousands of blatantly illegal CB amps sold steadily on Ebay and other
venues, the thought that the FCC might go charging off and prosecuting a
ham for importing a single ham amp for ham use, is not one I'd worry about.
THP makes some very nice products, and I'd certainly not hesistate to
purchase them if they met my requirements. From what I hear, excellent
product support and quality.

Whatever happened to the rumor that the FCC was going to end this nonsense?

John K5MO