Re: [Amps] Alpha 99 operation

To: <Littlebucketsful@aol.com>, "AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 99 operation
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 07:10:46 -0500
> I just got an Alpha 99 and I have a 10 year old 1000-MP and I can't  get
> the
> radio to make the amp operate. Can anybody help?  I followed all  the
> appropriate directions and yes ALL the wires go to the correct places.

There are several amp wiring choices, but you haven't described which choice
you're using.  Are you attempting to use the MP's internal amp relay?  Or,
are you trying to bypass it for silent QSK switching?

If you haven't already found this link, it may provide some guidance:

http://www.alpharadioproducts.com/yaesu.asp

Paul, W9AC