Re: [Amps] 87A vs. IC-PW1

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 87A vs. IC-PW1
From: Peter Chadwick <g3rzp@g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 22:41:27 +0100 (CET)
Keith said:
>Thus, IMNSHO, CW will be very active for a long time.<

I suspect it will last for the same sort of reasons people take pride in
building furniture, musical instruments, doing model engineering and so on -
the absolute pleasure of being able to exercise a craft skill.
I did once look askance at one visitor. He looked at the operating desk - all
lined up (and connected) were the XYL's Vibroplex keyer, my mechanical
Vibroplex, her straight key and my straight key. He said, perfectly seriously,
'Oh, do you use CW then?'

73
Peter W6/G3RZP (again)