Re: [Amps] ef johnson rotarty inductor info sought

To: gdaught6@stanford.edu, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] ef johnson rotarty inductor info sought
From: Scott Townley <nx7u@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 14:48:02 -0700
Per Catalog 976:
226-1
1/4"x1/8" ribbon, 10 amps
"popular for commercial and amateur use, these moving coil type inductors
easily handle well over a kilowatt of plate modulated RF energy to
30mc.  Heavy silver plated conductors and silver plated contact bars and
contacts.  Glass bonded mica end frames and support bars.  1/4" shafts
extend 3/4" front and rear.
coil 3" dia. x 12-3/4" long, with decreasing pitch towards one end.
22.5uH...1976 price $57.00 (sign me up!)

222-103
1/2"x0.090" ribbon, 15 amps
"Excellent for medium power RF equipment..." but no specific power
mention.  Seems odd that 15A would be "medium power", I guess "medium"
really only means between "large" and "small"...whatever THEY mean.
Overall dimensions 11"Lx6-1/2"Wx6-5/8"H, constant pitch.
27uH...1976 price $42.00