Re: [Amps] Vegetable oil dummy load

To: Amps Reflector <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Vegetable oil dummy load
From: Mark Hill <g4fph@mjha.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 19:19:09 +0000
Gary,

I believe that to make what you did sound a lot more technical, you
should have left out the detail that could be understood by all and
instead cited it as an example of Pointing Vector Synthesis; E x H
etc!  Just think how many of your wideband, EH, no-space, no-radial,
something for nothing, miracle, crossed-field, finger-lickin'
specials you could have sold on eBay!!

Regards.

Mark.

At 18:02 28/02/2006, you wrote:
>Although this sounded silly (to me) at first, I had heard of using a dummy
>load for 160 mtr contacts.  Doubting this would work, I hoisted the dummy
>load up forty feet or so in the air and worked more contacts than I would
>have ever imagined with a 1:1 swr across the 160 band.  However, my dummy
>load had xfrmr oil in it, needless to say there was no  "finger lickin'
>good" aroma in the air.
>73,
>Gary...wa6fgi

Mark Hill - G4FPH
E-mail: g4fph@mjha.co.uk
Current web pages at: www.g4fph.net
Old web pages at: www.qsl.net/g4fph
Dipoles resonant on 1942 / 3720 / 7085 kHz
Three element wire beam coming soon on 14180 kHz!
Remember - SIDE for HV safety:
S witch off
I solate
D ump