Re: [Amps] Transformers in series

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Transformers in series
From: "Theo Bellamy" <theo.bellamy@spirittelecom.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 09:16:50 -0500
Bud wrote:

>You can put primaries in series and secondaries in parallel, or vice
>versa, depending on what voltages in and out you're trying to accomplish
>with the transformers you have on hand.

Or you can "mix n' match" ... here is an amp I built years ago with multiple
power transformers.
Each secondary was 320 volts, so I wired them in series to get a 1280 volt
center tapped secondary.
I wired the primaries in series/parallel so I could feed it 220. Worked
great.

http://www.qsl.net/k4mo/6Pack.html

I checked the phasing by feeding the primaries with a 12.6 volt transformer
and only hooking up two
of the four secondary wires (one from each transformer under test). If there
was no voltage on the remaining wires then something was out of phase
somewhere.

Theo K4MO