Re: [Amps] Threads - was idiocy - perhaps it still is

To: Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Threads - was idiocy - perhaps it still is
From: W0UN -- John Brosnahan <shr@swtexas.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 23:35:49 -0600

>Some British cars of the seventies used metric,
>'unified' (US) and traditional UK threads on the same
>vehicle. That may or may not have had some bearing on
>what happened to the British car industry... Some
>current US vehicles mix US and metric threads...
>Germany has its own range of 'PG' threads which are
>metric but not to ISO standards...

And my 1976 American Ford tractor has a British Lucas
generator with two bearings.  One bearing is metric and
the other bearing (the two ends of the same shaft) is
English-American-inches.  Fortunately ALL of the
cylinders are diesel.  I'd REALLY be upset if some
cylinders were diesel and some were gasoline/petrol.

John  W0UN