Re: [Amps] SB-220 Shorted HV Transformer

To: <leolists@seidkr.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-220 Shorted HV Transformer
From: "Dave Burr" <dtburr@speakeasy.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 11:20:12 -0600
To each his own, but *I* wouldn't do it even though it is indeed a creative
solution. There is nothing in the amp that can't be cleaned using the right
cleaner and some care. Drenching it with water wouldn't do more than a
cosmetic job, and you would probably want to get in there in the critical
areas with deoxidizer and contact cleaner anyway. There is no shortcut,
really.

If you *do* consume a 12-pack and then do this, I would NOT let it dry under
moist heat in the dishwasher. You are trying to *avoid* corrosion, not
promote it. Take the thing out right away and blast the hell out of
everything with compressed air and then let it sit in a cool, dry place for
a day or so to finish up.

Dave