Re: [Amps] Gonset GSB-201 Mods

To: "Jim Tonne" <tonne@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Gonset GSB-201 Mods
From: R@contesting.com;Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 09:17:46 -0800
2100v is too much for 811As. The HV PS power supply's regulation can be
improved for SSB by resonating the filter choke at 120Hz with a cap.
However, for AM there is no benefit.

Another improvement is to remove the RCA "neutralization" circuitry
since it is know to cause VHF surprises.

Rich Measures, 805.386.3734, AG6K, www.somis.org