Re: [Amps] Obnoxious Henry blower?

To: PlanerGuy@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Obnoxious Henry blower?
From: Kevin LaHaie <klahaie@centricata.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 11:52:07 -0800
Kevin, see Steve, K7EM's solution to this, and some other nice mods on
his 5K Classic

http://www.bctonline.com/~skelly/henry_amplifier/henry_5k_amp.html

I have the Henry 2K Classic X, it's used only for contests, and only
with HEADPHONES!

Takes care of the problem instantly!

73 Kevin K7ZS

PlanerGuy@aol.com wrote:

>Obnoxious hardly defines it!  I recently picked up a Henry amp. that uses a
>pair of
>3-500z's, and runs up to 4kv on the plate.  I'd read that the blowers tended
>to be
>on the loud side, but thought, "so?".  SO.......!  This thing is so loud it
>makes the
>audio from the radio nearly impossible to hear #*#!!
>Any suggestions on quieter blower options?  What did you say?  Speak up,I
>can't hear you!
>
>Kevin -  KC8GIA
>---
>[This E-mail Scanned for viruses by Online Northwest]

---
[This E-mail Scanned for viruses by Online Northwest]