Re: [Amps] "I gotta tell this"

To: "k7fm" <k7fm@teleport.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] "I gotta tell this"
From: "Theo Bellamy" <theo.bellamy@spirittelecom.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 09:17:39 -0500

Colin  K7FM wrote:

>Have you ever seen a cat want to curl up on top of a qrp rig?  Cats love
>vacuum tubes.  They especially love DX-100s and SX-101s.  I have seen one
>high power amplifier that would lift the cat off the cabinet when it was
>fired up, but that is another story.

Colin makes a good point. I never kept an amp my cats didn't approve of (see
http://www.qsl.net/k4mo/Giant.html for photographic evidence). Whenever I
turned it on the cats came running from wherever they were and leapt on top.
They would be in position and nearly asleep before the B+ relay even kicked
in. That big blower was like a cat beacon.

Theo K4MO