Re: [Amps] 4CX250B and data sheets in general.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 4CX250B and data sheets in general.
From: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 15:40:13 -0500
Ian said:
Numbers of people on this list have heard the results on the air - and they
*will* get you yelled at. I doubt if Eimac originally intended its name to
be used as an excuse for poor signals; but that has been the result.

I can spot a "broadcast" amp easily with two of my rigs (9000 and Orion).
They stick out like sore thumbs in a contest.  Most are using NA calls and
are LOUD.  Last contest I heard one that covered 10KHz on SSB.  I will be
glad if and when the finals give out on those rigs, or the station owner
decided to trash the old amp and build or buy a modern amp.  This is likely
wishful thinking, however, since many of those "dirty" amps are probably
pushing 3KW+ out of the shack.

73, Keith NM5G