Re: [Amps] NON-CONTACT laser thermometer

To: "Steve Thompson" <g8gsq@eltac.co.uk>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] NON-CONTACT laser thermometer
From: "k7rdx" <k7rdx@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 14:44:48 -0700
The better units sold under the Snap-On name used technology that auto
focused at a distance of between 8 inches and 2 feet.The point was no more
than a half inch in diameter.The price was several times that of the unit
Will describes.. I used several of these units for reading tire temps in
three places; inner,center&outer of racing tires to determine several
factors of set-up during my days of running a racing team (Mini-modifieds)
We also used the laser pyrometers for looking at temps of individual exhaust
header flanges,engine&drive train parts,disc brakes,etc.I see no reason
these devices cannot be used to measure various temps of amplifier
components,in fact I do so with my amplifiers....Jim  K7RDX...