[Amps] CPI/Eimac and Econco

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] CPI/Eimac and Econco
From: "John T. M. Lyles" <jtml@lanl.gov>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 10:02:38 -0600
I recently posted a letter from John Allen, VP of CPI/Eimac from 2
weeks ago, which stated the status of their move to Palo Alto. They
are leaving the San Carlos property and moving into the same facility
as the CPI microwave facility where IOTs and klystrons were designed
and manufactured. Check the archives for that note. The move is
underway, and production is not supposed to be delayed, as I
understand that they made builds of the more common tubes before the
relocation, to stock in inventory. As for the Econco part of your
note, I hadn't heard of any relocation from Woodland - but all things
are possible in the corporate world of today. I will be talking with
both at NAB in Las Vegas on 24th, so if I hear otherwise will post
it. I think that some of the concern below is the old news of the
Eimac move, which has been underway already.
John