[Amps] silicone material TSPA

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] silicone material TSPA
From: "John T. M. Lyles" <jtml@lanl.gov>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 11:28:01 -0600
That sounds very useful, thanks for the tip.

BTW,  I have an old Aloe 13 Megacycle diathermy generator, which is
from the late 1930s. I only have it for 'fun' at home, in my living
room, as it looks like a big old radio from that vintage. The patent
pads were rotten, made from old rubber covered brass sheets. I
replaced them with heavy grade 3/8 inch RTV (orange) silicone
sheeting - glued together two halves with silicone sealer. It has
lasted for many years, and there is no RF heating to speak of, with
the pads placed very close together. The oscillator appears to have a
pair of 100 watt triodes. Of course I don't run this thing every day,
or even every year.....

John
K5PRO

>Yesterday I found, at TARGET, a Baking Mat made by Kitchen Aid from the
>stuff - an 11 x 16.6" piece of fairly thick silicone sheet.  With some
>Permatex Red RTV high temp silicone I intend to fashion a GS-35b
>chimney.  Also, I plan to have the chimney come to the top of the anode
>cooler, totally enveloping it, rather than just pushing air into the
>base.  (any comments as to why or why not??)
>
>Main thing here, is it is readily available, not requiring a mail order
>and shipping exercise, or much travel time.  It was $12 with enough
>material for 2 tubes.
>
>Any comments on this material in an RF rich environment?

73 Kevin K7ZS