[Amps] Henry 4K Ultra Mods

To: "AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Henry 4K Ultra Mods
From: "Bob Maser" <bmaser@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 14:58:03 -0400
I'm coming down the home stretch on my modifications to my 4K Ultra and I
have some questions.  What is the recommended zener diode for the bias
circuit?  The original 8877 design used a 1N2810 12V @ 50W zener.  This
seems a bit high for the 3CX1200D7 that I an using.  Also, the bias circuit
in the 4KU has the 10K resistor in front of the zener.  In my modified
circuit I am going to connect the bias circuit to the center tap of the
filament transformer.  In all the circuits I've seen, the zener is connected
to the CT and then the resistor is in series but behind the zener.  Does the
circuit care which component is connected to the CT?

Thanks,
Bob  W6TR