Re: [Amps] New Dummy Load

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] New Dummy Load
From: PA3DUV <pa3duv@planet.nl>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 13:13:11 +0200
Will,

Paul has used a toroidal transformer, completely shielded. The directional
couples is well engineered.
I will make some pictures of the internals of the DL5K  an post them on the
emtron yahoo group.
Also the resistor in the RF sampling and rectifier circuit was too small and
burned out, I still have to
replace it with one Rich his 3 watt MOF resistors from which I keep a small
stock for cases like this.
Other than this the DL5K is very capable and it dissipates short 5 kW
carriers very easy.  The unit was tested @ 1kW carrier, 3 minutes on and 3
minutes off last winter and it turned out to be a nice shack-heater.
Actually I was not able to purchase and import the big two 100 ohm tubular
carbon resistors for a lower price than Paul delivered me the DL5K.

Cheers, Dick
PA3DUV