Re: [Amps] AL-80B questions

To: Tom W8JI <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] AL-80B questions
From: "" <dcoffman@iquest.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 17:05:11 -0400
Tom,

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to answer my post.

Excerpt:

It's odd that you have a second setting. That probably
indicates the tank is going into two modes, or perhaps that
the amp has significant feedback that is changing as you
change tuning settings. You might even have a parasitic
going on. A parasitic is often hidden except for little
quirks like jumping power levels or spurious frequencies

::::> What I have going on here is that I can turn the plate cap clockwise to
raise the grid current and drop the plate current and then adjust the load cap
counter clockwise to peak the output power.

::::> It sounds as if I should go back to the first setting using mininum plate
capacitance.

::::> Any suggestions for recalibration of the wattmeters?

Thanks for your time,

Doug - N9XTF