[Amps] Gi-7b

To: "AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Gi-7b
From: "Mike(W5UC) & Kathy(K5MWH)" <w5uc@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 21:09:49 -0500
Good Evening All:

I found this group while searching for information on the Gi-7b Russian tubes.
So, here is the question.  Has anyone used the Gi-7b in an amplifier?   I am in
the process of building a new amp for 6 meters using a pair of these tubes.
What kind of output did you get, and at what efficiency? I have seen data
saying anywhere between 700 & 1200 watts for a pair at 6 meters, and at
efficiencies from 57% to 68.5%

Did you burn the tubes in before applying HV and drive?  What was your burn in
process?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

73,
Mike, W5UC