Re: [Amps] IM distortion and such

To: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>,"Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] IM distortion and such
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 12:00:33 -0400
> In any case, this AL-80B IMD horse has been beaten to
> death.
> I wish someone would do some two-tone tests using the
> lightly
> loaded and heavily loaded tuning procedures and then post
> the
> results (specA photos) on the web.

I'm not sure how other companies do it, but looking at
various operating conditions was standard practice for Heath
and early Ameritron.

I guess the answer is how many time-consuming homework
assignments need to be taken on in order to please one or
those who refuse to read books or refuse to believe what
multiple other sources tell them. If something is useful to
thousands, that's one thing. If the same effort is required
to educate one person or win an argument about something
that already appears in multiple engineering texts, it's a
total waste of time.

73 Tom