Re: [Amps] New SGC Mini Lini Uses Class E Technology

To: "AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>, "Bill Fuqua" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Subject: Re: [Amps] New SGC Mini Lini Uses Class E Technology
From: "Jim Tonne" <tonne@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 12:32:02 -0400
Bill wrote about the SGC MiniLini:

> The last thing I saw on this amplifier was a year ago.  I assume they
> decided not to manufacture it.

I wrote them an e-mail asking how they were going to delay
the RF channel to equal the delay in the post-modulator lowpass
and got a reply which didn't answer the question at all.   I don't think
they understood my question.

I later found out they "did it" by having an unusually high switching
frequency in the 250 or so kHz range which allowed a wider bandwidth
on the post-mod lowpass.  In other words, they did not delay the RF
channel at all.

I also heard there were problems in getting it to work.

It seems to have died a natural death.  I had my reservations
too!  If it's too good to be true . . .

- Jim WB6BLD