Re: [Amps] Solid state amp

To: "Martin Sole" <msole@loxinfo.co.th>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Solid state amp
From: "Keith LaBorde - K4KAL" <k4kal@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 10:06:40 -0400
Not a joke...
They are not very good on updating there website.
It is my understanding this product has been in the works for over 2 years.
I didn't see it, but it was at Dayton this year and friends who have are all
excited about it.
It is my understanding it is waiting for FCC Acceptance.
If you call Elecraft they will put you on a email list to let you know when
its available.

I currently own 2 Alpha 99 Amplifiers, and had a strong interest in the
Alpha 9500.
Two years ago, I was going to put a deposit down on one... and if you visit
there website they are still taking deposits an no units shipping yet!
The last email I exchanged with Andrew he said the amp was delayed because
Gordon was on the 3Y0X DXpedition.
Also, individuals like myself continue to have problems obtaining
replacement parts from Alpha.
If you go to there website you can see they don't have replacement fan
motors for many of there older products.
Yet what I find interesting, they are still taking orders for new amplifiers
which they don't have fans for?

I am waiting for this KPA1500 to become available before I make my decision.
I can only hope Alpha can get there problems resolved, I hate to see them go
out of business.

Keith, K4KAL