Re: [Amps] QEX Innovative Tube Linear?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] QEX Innovative Tube Linear?
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 19:15:25 -0400
Tom,

Only for the 8950 and M-2057 (or Y-2057) as they were the only ones that GE
said were for RF amplifier service. The M-2057 was a custom tube that was
manufactured by GE. They took an 8908's guts and placed them in a 12 pin
compactron base which was what a GE engineer told me. The only specs I have on
the 8908 is in a GE tube applications book. I have the GE application sheets on
the 8950 and M-2057. All the other sweep tubes were based around TV horizontal
output service, however the maximum DC anode voltages still apply. The M-2057
matches several other sweep tubes at 990 Vdc. The 8950 was 800 Vdc. If I
recall, the curves on these didn't drop off from a flat line until around 100
Vdc anode voltage. Above this, the line was pretty flat (gradually increasing)
up to the maximum anode voltage that was shown on the graph. I think you can
download the 8950 PDF from Richardsons along with a few other sweep tubes. The
M-2057 sheet I've had for years. These are the same application s
 heets from the 3 ring binder book from GE.

Best,

Will