Re: [Amps] Datasheet limits

To: john <johnmb@nc.rr.com>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Datasheet limits
From: Peter Chadwick <g3rzp@g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 08:09:06 +0200 (CEST)
K5MO said:
> the followup discussion with the apps guy is going to be quite short.,
Quite likely. But bear in mind what data sheets mean.
'Typical' = 'we measured one' .
'Max' or 'min' = 'we think we'll get a good yield with these numbers'
'Measured in test fixture' = 'this is the only way we've ever got the damn
thing to work'.
'Operating temperature range' = the 'range over which the legs won't drop off'.
Additionally, remember that succesful novels, science fiction stories and
fantasy series are written by people with insufficient imagination to write
applications notes!

Not that 27 years doing apps engineering (amongst other things) in a
semiconductor company makes you cynical....
73
Peter G3RZP