Re: [Amps] Silly question - interim report on results.

To: <g3rzp@g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk>, "'Tom W8JI'" <w8ji@w8ji.com>,<amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Silly question - interim report on results.
From: "Harold Mandel" <ka1xo@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 08:50:42 -0400
Talking about paper amplifiers........

One phenomenon I've observed is when the paper amp
turns into metal and other bits, and how when the bits
go into a box with a cover, the bits behave differently with
the top screwed on so I can't look at them misbehaving.

Case in point: High Voltage RF Chokes that calculate
one way, measure another way on the bench and then
let the white smoke out when they're installed in the amp's
RF Chamber with all the covers on.

Hal
W4HBM