Re: [Amps] RE : Solid state amp

To: "Angel Vilaseca" <avilaseca@bluewin.ch>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] RE : Solid state amp
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 21:47:12 -0400
Angel,

Manhattan style construction is similar to dead-bug construction, but instead
of using high ohm resistors for tie points, one uses small pieces of PC board.
These can be cut into small squares, or punched out round. Then a small drop of
super glue on the bottom to bond it to the main PC board which is the ground
plane. This gives you an insulated pad to solder to. Far Circuits has some IC
pads made up just to go with this. I bought a hand punch for mine where I can
punch out rounds from 1/8" to 1/2" if I want to. I generally use 1/4" and 3/8"
diameter though. Below are three links to webpages about it.

http://www.k7qo.net/

http://www.qsl.net/w0pwe/Homebrew/Homebrew.html

http://www.k8iqy.com/

Best,