[Amps] output of SB220 typical TSPA

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] output of SB220 typical TSPA
From: "John T. M. Lyles" <jtml@lanl.gov>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 11:12:52 -0600
>I've never seen a pair of 3-500Z's driven with 100 watts
>produce 1500W PEP ***on an accurate power meter*** with only
>3000V on the anode.

>All of my SB220's, even with the grids grounded, only make
>around 1200-1300 with100W drive on a known accuracy meter.

I concur with W8JI here, as I have never seen more than 1300 watts
from my SB220 using a Bird 43 and a peak reading modification to it,
with my IC735 flat out at 100 Watts of drive. Maybe some people have
high line voltage and get more? Or are measuring into a non-flat load
(reactive)?

73
John
K5PRO