Re: [Amps] 572B grid

To: Amps reflector <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 572B grid
From: Vic K2VCO <vic@rakefet.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 10:44:08 -0700
kenw2dtc wrote:
>  "I've never understood the raison d'etre for the introduction of the 572B.
> I gather it was meant as a cheap SSB tube"
>
> Perhaps this tech bulletin from 1964 will explain:
>
> http://w2dtc.com/1964-waters-tech-bulletin.jpg

This is very interesting, because it contradicts what I've believed:
that the 572B offers no additional power output over the 811A unless you
raise the plate voltage.  But this bulletin says that simply plugging
them into a 30L1 and increasing drive will increase power output by 33%.
  What's the truth here?
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco