[Amps] the radio handbook by mr orr w6sai and amps

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] the radio handbook by mr orr w6sai and amps
From: robert briggs <vk3zl@bigpond.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 22:05:39 +1000
I have the 23rd edition of the Radio Handbook by William Orr W6SAI.In
section 17-9,High Power Amplifier Design it shows a circuit diagram for
a pair of 3-500Z triodes in Grounded Grid.The circuit is basic without
frills but clearly shows the Grids to be directly Grounded.

I have an article from Ham Radio magazine July 1979,linear Amplifier
design By William Orr W6SAI pages 34 to 39.This article has a circuit
for a pair of 3-500Z triodes once more in Grounded Grid.

Take note that in both articles the Grids are directly Grounded.As far
as I am concerned the end of the argument..

Regards...Bob VK3ZL..