Re: [Amps] Arc distance and plasma

To: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Arc distance and plasma
From: Bill Fuqua <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 11:00:29 -0400
I had just gotten some odd tubes on ebay (4x-500)  which were basically
4x500 tubes with a 4-400 base. I figured that they were bad but thought I'd
just try them on my tube tester anyway. I lit up the filament on one and
could see smoke curling up in the inside. That is just not right! They were
obviously at atmospheric pressure inside. Those were really gassy tubes.

73
Bill wa4lav