Re: [Amps] Ameritron Amps

To: "k7fm" <k7fm@teleport.com>, <dezrat@copper.net>,<Gudguyham@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Ameritron Amps
From: "Ed Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 09:56:59 -0500
Hi Colin,

Geez, but I've been a Ham here for 35 years, & have scratch-built no less
than three COMPLETE Ham stations (including two superheterodyne receivers),
& I'll be darned if there isn't a single milling machine, hole punch, or
spray booth anywhere within the bounds of my property!

Where'd you ever get the idea that you needed all that stuff to "...roll
your own", anyway...? Beats the heck out of me why one would even need all
that peripheral junk anyway...sure, it'd be nice to have, but you really can
get by without it all.

No offence intended, but maybe you'd be best stick to just stick to your
appliance operating, & limit your technical applications to which box might
best be utilized in returning stuff to Japan Inc. for repair. Not everyone
has the temperment to homebrew, & that's OK --- but some folks sure are
missing a ton of fun that could be their's IF they'd go out on a limb & try
something a little different in Ham Radio.

Just give it a try, Colin, & the results just may surprise --- and
delight --- you!

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ