Re: [Amps] Plasma Thermo HFS 3000D

To: "Phil Clements" <philc@texascellnet.com>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Plasma Thermo HFS 3000D
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 22:39:30 -0400
I think when Phil says float the secondary of the center coil, he means don't
connect the center coils primary to the line, and don't use the secondary of
that coil
either. The two outer coils are what one would use for single phase ran in
parallel.
I e-mailed Larry about this earlier, but for any other readers, I wanted to
clear up
how it's done. You'll loose 1/3 the power rating this way, but for the input
power
this amp is rated for, it sure wouldn't be a problem. This amp is also rated
for a
100% duty cycle when used for RF heating. It's built like a tank. Phil brought
up
a good point I forgot though, I'd raise the capacitance on the filter cap for
the B+,
and do away with the choke. That will jump up the B+ voltage some though. You
may have to set the bias so the tube is running where it should be. The
oscillator / driver can be taken out or left in unconnected. An antenna realy
with
the RF jack for the transceiver will have to be added. If using it as a monoband
amp, you may not have to do much to the tank to convert it.

Best,

Will