Re: [Amps] Low Pass Filter capacitor ratings for 1.5kw level

To: tonne@comcast.net, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Low Pass Filter capacitor ratings for 1.5kw level
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 20:08:43 -0400
Jim,

If you remember, there was another ham on the net who did build one like this,
and used your
software to design it. It was a low pass filter for 160 to 6 meters. At the
bottom of the webpage,
he gave you credit for helping him. I can't remember though who it was, and I
didn't save the URL.
If it were me though, I'd rather have a filter with a cut off frequency just
above 10 meters. That will
save any RFI on the low TV channels. That's generally the way most are designed
now. With the
software, it doesn't take very long to design a filter, or it didn't for me. I
think it's really good and
you did a helluva job in writing it!

Best,

Will