Re: [Amps] Henry 2KD-5 120 Hz Hum

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Henry 2KD-5 120 Hz Hum
From: "Leigh S. Jones, KR6X" <kr6x@kr6x.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 17:09:26 -0700
Henry amplifiers use resonated chokes to achieve their normal high
attenuation of HV power supply hum rejection.   If the resonating capacitor
has broken down, or if there has been a short across the turns of the
inductor, the hum level would increase with a few attendant symptoms.  The
symptoms might include an increase in the unloaded plate voltage and reduced
stability of the HV.