Re: [Amps] Checking for IMD

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Checking for IMD
From: "Hsu" <Jbenson@sohu.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 00:02:00 +0800
There is another way, homebrew a inexpensive  measure receiver ( please view
W7ZOI Wes Hayward's EMRF), it shoud be do this job. I have a question too, we
test  IMD using a two tone generator and a SSB transmitter, but you know, your
transmitter with IMD too , use  a "dirty "  signal  as a driver,How we
calculate the amplifier 's IMD under test( if we know the transmitter's IMD)?
if we can not calcaulate it,we must using two "clean" single tone
transmitterer(CW transmitter) +combiner as a driver?

      73! Hsu