Re: [Amps] 3CX800A7 Orientation

Subject: Re: [Amps] 3CX800A7 Orientation
From: Larry <larry@w7iuv.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 13:31:38 -0700
Bob,

My Eimac data sheet for the 3CX800A7 (dated 1 Dec 83) on page 3, mechanical:

"The tube may be mounted in any position. If it is operated in an
inverted (anode down) or horizontal position the SK-1916 chimney clamp
assembly should be used for reliable retention."

BTW the thing needs 33 CFM @ .88 inches water for cooling, assuming 50°
C and 5000 foot elevation. How you gonna get that in a MLA-2500?

73, Larry

Larry - W7IUV
DN07dg
http://w7iuv.com