Re: [Amps] EIMAC vs. SED 3CPX800A7

To: "'W7RY'" <w7ry@centurytel.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] EIMAC vs. SED 3CPX800A7
From: "Mike McCarthy, W1NR" <lists@w1nr.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 17:37:09 -0400
One clarification...SED was not spun off of Svetlana.  It is the same St.
Petersburg factory, but a legal dispute over the Svetlana brand name forced
the name change.

I know two hams with Alpha 86 amplifiers that used the Russian tubes and
they found them not to be as rugged or last as long as Eimac's.  I've read
similar dissatisfaction reports from broadcast engineers on the bigger
Russian tubes used in the BC service as well.

You may be better off trying to find medical pulls.

Mike, W1NR