Re: [Amps] filament forces TSPA

To: "John T. M. Lyles" <jtml@lanl.gov>
Subject: Re: [Amps] filament forces TSPA
From: R L Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 20:08:06 -0700
On Aug 27, 2006, at 2:34 PM, John T. M. Lyles wrote:

> Rich
> What is the estimated current

Enough to melt 28ga. Cu wire -- which seems incredible to me.

> and the subsequent
> force generated to do this pushing of filaments?

When Karina and I were in the business of straightening bent
filaments in fil-grid shorted 3-500Zs, it took 11g for 30 to 40
seconds at 5.8 filament V to straighten out the filament.

cheers, John
> 73
> John
> K5PRO
>
>> .... the filament does not sag, rather it is pushed sideways
>> toward the grid--
>> presumably by EMF from the large flow of grid current during the
>> parasitic.  The amount of this current is anybody's guess, but it's
>> enough to do damage

R L MEASURES, AG6K. 805-386-3734
r@somis.org