Re: [Amps] Pi-L values

To: "AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>, <zl1aih@ihug.co.nz>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Pi-L values
From: "Bob Maser" <bmaser@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 09:32:22 -0400
According to my Pi-L spreadsheet calculator, the C2/C1 ratio is 4.1 not 2.5.
This assumes that you are using K=1.8 in the PLI calculation and a 300 ohm
intermediate impedance between L1 and L2.  The L1/L2 ratio is 2.3, except 10
and 15 which is 2.5.  I calculate your PLI at 2136 ohms and when you used
1800 ohms across the tube you are 19% off base, which is too much.  If you
are interested,  I can send you a copy of the spreadsheet program that I
found that calculates values for both Pi and Pi-L networks.

Bob W6TR