Re: [Amps] Henry 3K-A Step Start Resitor Cone

To: <K8MLM@aol.com>, <bmaser@tampabay.rr.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Henry 3K-A Step Start Resitor Cone
From: "Robert B. Bonner" <rbonner@qro.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 10:04:56 -0500
The Heater elements in my 4K-Ultra were straight round elements (now since
sold) they were different than the elements in for say the Henry RF Heater
units which I have converted several to amateur service.

It's been too long since I've been inside a 3K.

For instance The Hank 2000D uses a three set of cone shaped EAGLE 660 Watt
120 Volt resistive heater elements as the step start.

I went from JIM's note, to that website and they make a copy of the eagle
one I'm holding in my hand out of a 2000D

Bob DD

It's actually called a cone heater. Here is a source:

http://www.akinsun.com/Accessories4.html

73
Jim W7RY