Re: [Amps] Kilovac HC-2 Mounting Nut

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Kilovac HC-2 Mounting Nut
From: Steve Thompson <g8gsq@eltac.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 11:38:26 +0100

Mike wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Need a couple of the mounting nuts for a pair of Kilovac HC-2.  Tried
> M14x1.5mm nuts, but none work on the HC-2.  The threads on the
> M14x1.5 nuts I could find were too coarse for the fine threads on the
> relay.  The spec sheet identifies the threads as M14x1.5-6g.  Not
> sure what the "-6g" means; something to do with "fine" thread?
In  metric thread designation, the second part defines the pitch - in
this case 1.5mm. Standard M14 is 2mm pitch, and there are fine pitch
versions of 1.25mm (metric spark plug) and 1.5mm. The likelyhood is that
  you have standard M4 nuts with 2mm pitch. I can imagine that fine
pitch nuts might be hard to find. Maybe someone at Kilovac might be
generous with a couple?

The 6g bit on the end refers to the tolerance on the thread (slack vs
tight fit), I don't have detail of the different classes to hand.

Steve