Re: [Amps] *** SPAM *** Re: Titan 425 Reflected Power

To: Tom W8JI <w8ji@w8ji.com>, g3rzp@g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk,Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] *** SPAM *** Re: Titan 425 Reflected Power
From: Peter Chadwick <g3rzp@g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 10:53:55 +0200 (CEST)
>External loops that affect the meters unequally with power
would never occur.<

Had one on an oil rig installation in the early '70s. Operating at 2MHz
(roughly), the SWR varied with the linear on and off - that was using both a
Bird and SWR meter made in house, which was a Bruene type. Suspecting
harmonics, I tried an extra LPF to no avail. Fixed it in the end by ferrite
rings on the coax feed to the antenna tuner, but I had suspicions we had a
rusty bolt effect somewhere to explain the non-linearities. I tend to use
ferrite rings on the tuner feed coax anyway, although my tuners are all remote.
73 Peter G3RZP