Re: [Amps] FL2100Z Low power on 160meter band

To: pa7two@hotmail.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] FL2100Z Low power on 160meter band
From: Gudguyham@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 10:53:03 EDT
In a message dated 10/4/2006 10:32:04 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
pa7two@hotmail.com writes:

Now,  I am facing a 450 watts output only on 160meterband while all other
bands do  at least 550.
I also see some red coloring happen on the (Chinese brand)  572b tubes by
full output.
The redness in the tubes usually indicates that alot or some of the power
dissapated is not going into the load.  It sounds like to me that the  tapping
on the tank coil is just not "sweet" for the frequency you are on.   Try a
test, go to the extream bottom of the band and load for max output there,  note
the power as close as possible.  Go to the extream top of the band and  do the
same thing.  Note power as close as possible.  What is the  difference?
depending on where the most power is made, move tap on tank coil  about 1/2
turn or
so and see what happens.  If you radio can transmit out  of the band (into
dummy load) see were the amp makes a full 550 watts  output.  Lou