Re: [Amps] Is Amps still in existence?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Is Amps still in existence?
From: Ian White GM3SEK <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 16:30:12 +0100
k7fm wrote:
>Still here - waiting for something to argue about.
>
>The problem is that if most of the people that have the answers are here,
>and they all somewhat agree with each other, and there is no one taking the
>opposite position, or taking the position that one fix cures all problems,
>then there is not much reason to speak out.

Yes, exactly that.

>While there is a lull, we can finish our amplifier projects.  Winter is
>coming (in the northern hemisphere) and time to finish those outdoor antenna
>projects we postponed all summer, because it was too hot.
>
>Climb the tower to repair the open wire feeder system that is hanging - one
>side severed - at the 140 foot level of the tower.  Finish assembling and
>installing the new beam - and finish the lighting and heating system in the
>barn.

Same here, though all on a smaller scale of operations than Colin.

OK, here's a question: any recommendations for a coil former material
that can withstand a bit of heat? The 80/160m tank coil in my amp gets
quite warm during RTTY contesting -  not hot enough to indicate a design
problem, but even a moderate increase in temperature makes the
fibreglass tubing former smell quite unpleasant.

--
73 from Ian GM3SEK
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek